Hosting Shabbat with Kav LeChayim Shabbat Parshat Sh’mini (Parah) 29-30/3
PLEASE COMPLETE THIS FORM IF YOU WISH TO HOST OR PARTICIPATE IN THE SHABBAT:
We are continuing the tradition of hosting children from the organisation Kav LeChayim in our community over Shabbat. For the benefit of those who are not familiar with the event held last year, Kav LeChayim is a charitable organization that works with supporting children with special needs.
One of their activities is a Shabbat hosting event held in various communities around the country.
The aim of the Shabbat is to provide a positive experience for the children who come to stay in our community as well as a break for their families from the continuous and difficult care of their children.
The children are aged between 10-21, with a range of physical and learning difficulties נbut with a reasonable level of communication and understanding.
Every child will be accompanied by an individual carer.
The programme will include:
- Hosting of one or more children and carers by volunteer families for the duration of Shabbat.
- Kabalat Shabbat in Shul followed by a Friday night meal in the Shul Hall for children and their carers together with youth from the community.
- Returning to families to sleep.
- Lunch with the host family at home.
- Seuda Shelishit for guests and host families in Shul.
- Havdala and a short activity after Shabbat until the parents arrive to collect their children.
We will need families who are able to host one or more children with accompanying carers from Kav LeChayim who will both sleep in the same room. The family will also host lunch on Shabbat at home with their guests.
We also require donations to fund the Shabbat – (the charity is a registered Amuta)
Anyone interested in either hosting, joining in with organising or helping to fund this inspiring opportunity for our community, please call Carmel on 0526232347 or send an email to Cdzigel66@gmail.com .